To ensure full and secure backup, Pellustro will handle backups in multiple ways:
Daily full back of the database for every customer
Backup saved on a dedicated customer server
Last 18 database backup are stored
Daily, a backup of the ‘variable’ files on the customer VM is taken using our backup system. These files include all the data files used by the product:
Daily backup of log files
Daily backup are stored for 30 days
Backup are encrypted and stored in separate segment in the data centre
- Backups copied to offsite location after every two weeks
The procedure to recover a (encrypted) backup, is dependent on the event that triggers the need for recovery.
- Data loss / corruption
- The file(s) will be restored to its last good state.
- Database corruption
- The database dump will be analyzed to find the timestamp of corruption. After this investigation, we restore the last known good dump.
- Server problems
- We analyze the server problems, if it's not found in a reasonable time then a full restore will be done, after agreement with the customer. Virtual Machines can be replaced easily. The application + data can be restored in a short time.
- Datacenter crash + loss of data
- In the very worst case, the offsite backups can be restored in a different data center. These offsite backups are maximum 14 days old.